Wrens Preschool NurseryA member of the Preschool Learning Alliance
The Wrens Preschool Nursery has been in Dunmow for many years. Mrs Sally George, now Mrs Sally Gasston, took over in September 2006. The preschool has just passed the final stage of the Preschool Learning Alliance's Reflecting on Quality accreditation program, and is now also a Sun Safe accredited preschool. We also have a 5 star food hygiene rating.
The preschool is open for 38 weeks each year. There are 5 morning sessions, Monday to Friday, running from 9.30am to 12.00pm. For the older, funded children there are four afternoon sessions, running from 1.00pm to 3.30pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There are also lunch clubs on these days, which means children can stop all day. Children are now admitted from the age of 2, according to our admissions policy, and remain until they move to mainstream school. We are a member of the Preschool Learning Alliance, and have Albany Childcare insurance cover, which is tailored for preschool groups.
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children;
- has the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes satisfying progress; and
- is in a preschool that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop.